Division on Comparative Studies in Romanticism and the Nineteenth Century. Presiding: Cynthia Chase, Cornell Univ.
1. "Mourning, Masochism, and Mothers: Felicia Hemans on the Origins of Poetry," Carol Barash, Rutgers Univ., New Brunswick
2. "'As I Am a Man': The Structures and Stakes of Masculinity in 'The Thorn,'" Philip Barrish, Cornell Univ.
Romanticism and Anti-Semitism: Texts, Contexts, Criticism
Keats-Shelley Association of America. Presiding: Donald H. Reiman, New York Public Library
1. "Philosophical Scholarship and Shelley Criticism," Terence A. Hoagwood, Texas A&M Univ.
2. ""Voluntary Conduct' and Coercion: The Ethics of Shelley's Poetry," Steven E. Jones, Loyola Univ., Chicago
3. "Truth and Beauty: Shelley and the Dimension of the Aesthetic," Donald H. Reiman
Note: The formatting of the following program follows the original. We have made only minor changes throughout, correcting obvious errors and making some listings more uniform to facilitate electronic searching.
November 14-16, Boston area (Sheraton Tara, Newton)