The essays in this volume explore the relationship between Romantic Gothicism and the rise of the visual technologies centred on commercial exploitation of the magic lantern...
Table of Contents
- About This Volume
- "Introduction: Irony and Clerisy"
- Deborah Elise White, Columbia University
- "'Insurgent Government': Romantic Irony and the Theory of the State"
- Adam Carter, University of Lethbridge
- "The Multeity of Coleridgean Apostasy"
- Charles Mahoney, University of Connecticut
- "Alastor, Apostasy, and the Ecology of Criticism"
- Linda Brigham, Kansas State University
- "'Frail Spells': Shelley and the Ironies of Exile"
- Forest Pyle, University of Oregon
Published @ RC