A ROMANTIC CIRCLES RESOURCE
Byron and His Contemporary Readers
Byron Society. Presiding: Peter W. Graham, Virginia Polytech Inst. and State Univ.
1. "Who Read Byron in His Time?" William St. Clair, London, England
2. "Body Politics: Byron and His Readers," Sonia Hofkosh, Tufts Univ.
Byron: Skepticism, Feminism, Political Languages
Byron Society. Presiding: Peter Thorslev, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
1. "'This Gloom . . . Which Can Avail Thee Nothing': Cain and Skepticism," Leonard Goldberg, Gettysberg Coll.
2. "Gulnare and Kaled's 'Untold' Feminization of Byron's Oriental Tales," Cheryl Giuliano, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
3. "The Politics of Language in Byron's 'The Island,'" James C. McKusick, Univ. of Maryland, Baltimore
Byron Society. Presiding: Alice Levine, Hofstra Univ.
1. "Namby-Pamby Meets Doggerel: Wordsworth contra Byron," James Soderholm, Univ. of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
2. "'Churchill's Grave': Byron and the Monumental Style," Terrance Riley, Bloomsburg Univ.
3. "Byron's Lyric Style," Jerome J. McGann, Univ. of Virginia
Byron and Publishing
Byron Society. Presiding: Annette Wheeler Cafarelli, Columbia Univ.
1. "Anonymous Byron," Gudni Elisson, Univ. of Texas, Austin
2. "Byron, Hobhouse, and Editorial Symbiosis," Peter W. Graham, Virginia Polytechnic Inst. and State Univ.
3. "'Not for Public Opinion': Byron, Galignani, and the Politics of Dissemination," Michael Macovski, Fordham Univ., Bronx
Byron, Skepticism, and Materialism
Byron Society. Presiding: Terence Hoagwood, Texas A&M Univ., College Station
1. "The Corsair: Byron's Skeptical Critique of Benevolism," John Morillo, North Carolina State Univ.
2. "Byronizing Byron: Romantic Irony, Celebrity, and the Mechanical Reproduction," Michael Dietz, Louisiana State Univ., Baton Rouge
3. "Skepticism and Its Cost: Hemans's Reading of Byron," Nanora Sweet, Univ. of Missouri, Saint Louis
Byron Society. Presiding: Katherine Kernberger, Linfield Coll.
1. "The Hero Vanishes: Narrating Childe Harold's Pilgrimage," Andrew Elfenbein, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
2. "Byron's Letters and the Creation of Narrative Voice," Ann R. Hawkins, Univ. of Kentucky, Lexington
3. "'One Half What I Should Say': Byron's Gay Narrator in Don Juan," Jonathan Gross, DePaul Univ.
Byron and Monumental History
Byron Society. Presiding: James Soderholm, Univ. of Wisconsin, Milwaukee
1. "Twilight of the Regency Gods: Monumental Exile after Waterloo," Claire Nicolay, Loyola Univ., Chicago
2. "Interrelated Monumental Histories: Byron, Napoleon, Wellington," Cheryl F. Giuliano, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
3. "Napoleon's Last Campaign and the Origins of Don Juan," John Clubbe, Univ. of Kentucky
Writing Lives: Byron and the Biographer's Art
Byron Society. Presiding: Paul M. Curtis, Univ. of de Moncton
1. "A Biographer's Approach to Byron," Phyllis M. Grosskurth, Univ. of Toronto, Saint George Campus
2. "Detached Thoughts on 'Detached Thoughts,'" Peter W. Graham, Virginia Polytechnic Inst. and State Univ.
3. "Byron's Acting Career: The Biography of a Figure," Margot F. Harrison, Univ. of California, Berkeley
Byron's Feminine Circle
Byron Society. Presiding: Cheryl Fallon Giuliano, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
1. "Byron's Satiric Blues," Steven E. Jones, Loyola Univ., Chicago
2. "'The Byron of Our Poetesses': Letitia Elizabeth Landon," Adriana Craciun, Loyola Univ., Chicago
3. "Writing 'At the Peril of My Life': Clairmont, Byron, and Epistolary Prophecy," Natalie E. Kapetanios, New York Univ.
Romantic Studies at the MLA - Main Page