This article serves as an online supplement to Laon and Cythna as edited by Michael J. Neth in Volume III of The Complete Poetry of Percy Bysshe Shelley. It contains a...
Transcription Conventions In the letters:
- supplied readings appear in square brackets
- illegible words are signified by a query in square brackets, with one query representing one word, e.g., signifying two illegible contiguous words: [ ? ? ]
- conjectural readings are in square brackets and are preceded by a query, e.g.: [?Barnstaple]
- notes clarifying lacunae and other matters relating to the physical text are also, I hope not confusingly, given in square brackets where they occur, e.g.: [paper tear]
- presently, passages in Greek are not reproduced but will be scanned in in the near future
- Gifford's spelling, punctuation, and formatting have not been regularized; with the exception of indents, they are transcribed as they appear in the text
- punctuation has been supplied for the letters of John Murray (see notes to individual letters)
- * signifies that information in the letter identifies for the first time the author of a Quarterly Review article
- # signifies an article by serial number and is a clickable link which will take you to the article.
Published @ RC